Translate

Monday, March 16, 2009

dialect o language

I have a comment here from Kristian who has corrected me calling Cebuano a dialect. I admit I am not a linguist at all. If I am wrong I am sorry. But I would just like to comment on the comment to clear things.

First I did not mention in this blog at all (kung naa man ingna ko asa) that Cebuano is a dialect of the Tagalog language. Wala pud nako gisulat diri sa blog nga ang Cebuano mas lower from Tagalog nor any other ethnic languages or dialects sa pinas.

Ang akong pagsabot when I wrote dialect is that the visayan dialects comes from the Pilipino or Filipino language which is so confusing to really pin point and identify. problema na ninyo na kung unsa na nga main language. I don't want to be misunderstood and I don't want to be accused of anything. I am a pinoy and to me this regionalistic attitude we have is not doing any good to our country at all. Whether Cebuano is a dialect or language is not much to be a bother to me. What is important is that we are all pinoys.

No comments: